METRO GOLD LINE FOOTHILL EXTENSION (FOOTHILL GOLD LINE) FROM AZUSA TO MONTCLAIR (GLENDORA TO MONTCLAIR) PROJECT
The Construction Authority, as the lead agency under the California Environmental Quality Act, certified a Final Environmental Impact Report for the Azusa/Glendora to Montclair Project (Project) in 2013 (2013 FEIR). Following the certification of the 2013 FEIR, the Construction Authority identified a number of refinements to the Project. The Construction Authority has since approved four addenda to the 2013 FEIR, a Supplemental EIR (SEIR 1) in 2019 for the phased construction and operation of the project, and SEIR 2 in January 2021 for station area parking modifications. See the Previously Approved Environmental Reviews section below for more information on these environmental reviews. In October 2021, the Construction Authority initiated SEIR 3 to review potential project modifications in the city of San Dimas. See Environmental Reviews Currently Underway for more information on this current environmental review.
Environmental Reviews Currently Underway
2022 Draft Supplemental Environmental Impact Report 3: Evaluating Relocation of the San Dimas Station Parking Facility (February 2022)
The Construction Authority is announcing the release of a Draft Supplemental Environmental Impact Report (SEIR) for proposed Project Modifications to the Glendora to Montclair Project in the City of San Dimas (see details below). The Draft SEIR 3 was released February 18, 2022, and was available for a 45-day public review and comment period (February 18, 2022 through April 4, 2022).
How to Review the Draft SEIR 3:
The Draft SEIR 3 is available in the links below. Hard copies or CD versions of the document can be made available upon written request to the Construction Authority and mailed to recipients for the cost of printing and shipping. A hard copy of the document will also be available for public review at the Construction Authority’s office (address below) and can be accessed by requesting an appointment with Lisa Levy Buch at the address and e-mail below. In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, viewing of the document in person will only be available by pre-arranged appointment.
Proposed Project Modifications:
The Construction Authority is considering modifications to the Project to relocate the parking facility at the San Dimas Station from the previously approved location to a new location south of the project right-of-way between Monte Vista Avenue and San Dimas Avenue – the site is the current San Dimas Park and Ride Lot. The Project Modifications are proposed as a result of coordination conducted between the City of San Dimas and the Construction Authority. Approximately 289 parking spaces would be provided which is consistent with the number of parking spaces planned at the currently approved facility as part of SEIR 2. Relocation of the San Dimas parking facility would result in associated vehicle and pedestrian access changes in the vicinity of the San Dimas Station. All parking modifications would be designed and constructed in accordance with the Metro Rail Design Criteria. In response to these proposed changes, the Authority has prepared a SEIR (SEIR 3) to evaluate the potential for significant impacts that may result from the potential relocation of the San Dimas parking facility.
The proposed changes do not alter the scope of the Project as approved by the Construction Authority and no modifications are proposed for the parking facilities at the Glendora, La Verne, Pomona, Claremont, or Montclair Stations.
The Draft SEIR 3 has concluded construction of the Project Modifications would not have new or more severe significant impacts or require new mitigation measures.
Draft SEIR 3 (February 2022):
Notice of Availability
Draft SEIR 3 (table of contents on page 5)
- Appendix A (file size approx. 3 MB) – Transportation Technical Memorandum
- Appendix B (file size approx. 45 MB) – Phase I Environmental Site Assessment Memorandum
- Appendix C (file size approx. 1 MB) – Noise and Vibration Technical Memorandum
- Appendix D (file size approx. 13 MB) – Outreach Materials and NOP
Previously Approved Environmental Reviews
2021 Final Supplemental Environmental Impact Report 2 (Certified in January 2021): Evaluating Station Area Parking Modifications at Glendora, San Dimas, La Verne, Pomona and Claremont (January 2021)
The Final SEIR 2 was certified, and the project modifications approved, at the January 13, 2021 Construction Authority board of directors meeting. Here is a link to the Final SEIR 2 document:
Final SEIR 2 (table of contents on page 3)
2019 Final SEIR 1 (Certified in July 2019): Phased Construction and Operation of the Project – APU/Citrus College Station to Pomona Station and Minor Alignment Adjustments in Glendora (June 2019)
Notice of Availability
Final SEIR 1 (table of contents on page 5)
- Volume 1 (A-1, A-2) (file size approx. 56 MB) – Response to Comments Matrix; Comment Letter Attachments
- Volume 2 (A-3) (file size approx. 33 MB) – Comment Response References
- Volume 3 (B, C – Part 1) (file size approx. 28 MB) – Draft SEIR Public Distribution/Hearing Report; Traffic Analysis Technical Summary
- Volume 4 (C – Part 2) (file size approx. 21 MB) – Traffic Analysis Technical Summary
- Volume 5 (D, E, F, G, H) (file size approx. 29 MB) – AB52 Tribal Consultation; Noise and Vibration Assessment of Track Refinements in Glendora; Supplemental Noise and Vibration Analysis; Notice of Preparation; Scoping Meeting Summary Report
Addendum No. 4 (September 2017)
Addendum No. 3 (March 2016)
Addendum No. 2 (November 2014)
Addendum No. 1 (May 2014)
Final Environmental Impact Report (2013)
The Final EIR was published on February 14, 2013. The Final EIR was certified and the project’s Locally Preferred Alternative selected by the Construction Authority board of directors on March 6, 2013.
Volume 1: Final EIR
- Cover Page
- Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Project Description
- Chapter 2: Transportation
- Chapter 3: Environmental Analysis, Impacts and Mitigation – Introduction
- 3.01: Air Quality
- 3.02: Biological Resources-Ecosystems
- 3.03: Climate Change
- 3.04: Communities, Population, and Housing
- 3.05: Community Facilities and Parklands
- 3.06: Cultural Resources
- 3.07: Energy
- 3.08: Geologic Hazards
- 3.09: Hazardous Materials
- 3.10: Land Use and Planning
- 3.11: Noise and Vibration
- 3.12 Safety and Security
- 3.13: Visual Quality
- 3.14: Water Quality
- 3.15: Growth-Inducing Impacts
- 3.16: Irreversible and Irretrievable Commitments
- 3.17: Anticipated Permits and Approvals
- Chapter 4: Public and Agency Outreach
- Chapter 5: Agencies and Persons Consulted
- Chapter 6: Preparers of the Final EIR
Volume 2: Responses to Comments
- Cover Page
- Chapter 7: Responses to Comments
- Cover Page
- Appendix A – Plans and Profiles
- Appendix B – Station Plans
- Appendix C – Parcels Affected
- Appendix D – Cultural Resources Technical Report
- Appenidx E – Notice of Preparation
- Appendix F – Scoping Report
To order a copy of any of these documents, complete a public information request here.
To access previously approved Environmental Impact Reports please click here.