Frequently Asked Questions
Foothill Gold Line – Pasadena to Azusa
When will the Foothill Gold Line from Pasadena to Azusa open for service?
The completion of the Foothill Gold Line from Pasadena to Azusa is anticipated in September 2015. The completed project will be turned over to Metro, the regional transportation agency responsible for the operation of all light rail and most bus systems in Los Angeles County, for testing and pre-revenue service. Metro will determine when the Foothill Gold Line from Pasadena to Azusa will open for passenger service.
Is the project being built station by station, or will all six stations be completed together?
Metro’s preference is to open all stations simultaneously, not city-by-city and that is how we are building the project; however, Metro will ultimately make all decisions about when and how to open the line.
How can I stay updated on construction activities and other project updates?
Receiving progress reports and construction alerts on the Foothill Gold Line is easy. Register online here to begin receiving project e-newsletter and construction alerts to your email. By providing your mobile phone number, text alerts of construction activities will be sent to your mobile phone.
Is parking planned at all of the future stations?
Yes, all six stations on the Foothill Gold Line from Pasadena to Azusa will have parking facilities. Arcadia, Monrovia, Irwindale and the two stations in Azusa will have parking structures; Duarte/City of Hope station will have surface parking lot. For more information on and to view a site plan for each of the parking facilities, click the ‘site plan’ link on each city page on the website.
Where are the stations located?
All cities on the Pasadena to Azusa segment will have stations. From west to east
• Arcadia Station is located at First Street and Santa Clara Avenue (click here),
• Monrovia Station is located just west of Myrtle Avenue and north of Duarte Road (click here),
• Duarte/City of Hope Station is located on Duarte Road, west of Highland Avenue (click here);
• Irwindale Station is located just east of the Irwindale Avenue I-210 Freeway overpass (click here);
• The Azusa Downtown Station is located on the east side of Azusa Avenue, north of Foothill Boulevard and across from the Azusa Target Store (click here); and
• The APU/Citrus College Station is located north of Foothill Boulevard and Citrus Avenue (click here). In the near future, Citrus Ave will be completed north of Foothill Blvd and connect to the station.
How can I speak to someone if I have questions about the project?
• Call the Project Hotline: (626) 324-7098;
• Visit any of the public information offices:
– 406 E. Huntington Drive, Suite 202, Monrovia, CA
– 1300 Optical Drive, Suite 500, Azusa, CA
– 400 N. Santa Anita Avenue, Suite 101B, Arcadia, CA (Mon & Wed only); and
• Sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Is the Construction Authority a department of Metro?
No. The Foothill Gold Line Construction Authority (Construction Authority) is a separate public agency created by California State legislation to plan, design and construct the Metro Gold Line from Los Angeles east to Montclair.
The Construction Authority has a strategic partnership with Metro. We plan, design and build the Foothill Gold Line using Metro’s design guidelines and specifications and Metro operates and maintains the line following construction. Metro is actively involved in the project as we build the line as well. Learn more about the Construction Authority by clicking here.
Who do I talk to about contracting and job opportunities with the Construction Authority?
To register to receive information on upcoming contracting opportunities with the Construction Authority, register here. For information regarding subcontracting opportunities with Foothill Transit Constructors, please contact Troy Huntington at (626) 610-0300 or Troy.Huntington@Kiewit.com.
Who do I contact if I have a claim to report?
For submit a claim for possible damages from construction activities, please contact:
Community Relations Manager
Foothill Transit Constructors
1300 W. Optical Drive, Suite 500
Azusa, CA 91702
Office: (626) 610-0300