Frequently Asked Questions
Foothill Gold Line – Pasadena to Azusa
When will the Foothill Gold Line from Pasadena to Azusa open for service?
Metro has announced that passenger service to the Arcadia, Monrovia, Duarte/City of Hope, Irwindale, Azusa Downtown and APU/Citrus College Stations will begin on Saturday, March 5, 2016.
Where are the Foothill Gold Line from Pasadena to Azusa stations located?
- Arcadia Station is located at 201 N. First Avenue (the northwest corner of First Avenue and Santa Clara Street).
- Monrovia Station is located at 1651 South Primrose Avenue (between Myrtle and Magnolia Avenues, off Pomona Avenue).
- Duarte/City of Hope Station is located at 1777 Duarte Road (just west of Highland Avenue).
- Irwindale Station is located at 16017 Avenida Padilla (just east of the Irwindale Avenue/I-210 Freeway overpass).
- The Azusa Downtown Station is located at 780 N. Alameda Avenue (east side of Azusa Avenue at Santa Fe Avenue, one block north of Foothill Boulevard).
- The APU/Citrus College Station is located at 905 N. Citrus Avenue (north of the intersection of Foothill Boulevard and Citrus Avenue). In the near future, Citrus Ave will be completed north of Foothill Blvd and connect to the station. In the meantime, access to the station will be from Promenade, the main east-west street that runs through the Rosedale Master Planned Community.
Is parking available at all of the new stations?
Yes, all six stations on the Foothill Gold Line from Pasadena to Azusa have parking facilities. Here are the locations and number of spaces at each facility:
- Arcadia Station Parking has 300 spaces and is located at 89 E. Santa Clara Street.
- Monrovia Station Parking has 350 spaces and is located at 1641 S. Primrose Avenue.
- Duarte/City of Hope Station Parking has 125 spaces and is located at 1789 Business Center Drive.
- Irwindale Station Parking has 350 spaces and is located at 6363 N. Irwindale Avenue.
- The Azusa Downtown Station Parking has 200 spaces and is part of a joint use facility being built by Foothill Transit for civic center, bus and Gold Line users. The facility is under construction and is located at 801 N. Alameda Avenue.
- The APU/Citrus College Station Parking has 200 spaces and is located at 901B N. Citrus Avenue. In the near future, Citrus Ave will be completed north of Foothill Blvd and connect to the station. In the meantime, access to the station and parking will be from Promenade, the main east-west street that runs through the Rosedale Master Planned Community.
Will all six stations be opened at one time?
Yes. Metro plans to begin passenger service to the Arcadia, Monrovia, Duarte/City of Hope, Irwindale, Azusa Downtown and APU/Citrus College Stations on Saturday, March 5, 2016.
What will the train schedule be for the Arcadia, Monrovia, Duarte/City of Hope, Irwindale, Azusa Downtown and APU/Citrus College Stations?
Currently, Gold Line trains operate from the Sierra Madre Villa Station in East Pasadena from about 4:30 AM to 2:00 AM M-F (link to the current schedule). The current schedule however does not include the new stations east of Sierra Madre Villa. Metro will publish the updated schedule as the March 5, 2016 opening date for the Foothill Gold Line from Pasadena to Azusa approaches. For schedule questions in the meantime, please can contact Metro directly at 1(323) Go-Metro (1.323.466.3876) or at metro.net.
How much does it cost to ride the Gold Line, and will there be a charge to park at the new stations?
Questions about the cost to ride, train schedules or if there will be a fee to park, should be directed to Metro, as they are responsible for the operation of the light rail extension. As of now, Metro does not charge for parking in most of their parking facilities and current train fares are as follows: $1.75/ride, $7/day, $25/week and $100/month with a tap card (discounts are available for students, seniors, the disabled, and others).
However, these are governed by Metro and subject to change. Metro Customer Service can be reached at 1-323-466-3876 (1-323-Go Metro) or at www.metro.net.
How can I speak to someone if I have questions about the project?
- Call us: (626) 471-9050;
Visit our office:
406 E. Huntington Drive, Suite 202, Monrovia, CA
- Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Is the Construction Authority a department of Metro?
No. The Foothill Gold Line Construction Authority (Construction Authority) is a separate public agency created by California State legislation to plan, design and construct the Metro Gold Line from Los Angeles east to Montclair.
The Construction Authority has a strategic partnership with Metro. We plan, design and build the Foothill Gold Line using Metro’s design guidelines and specifications and Metro operates and maintains the line following construction. Metro is actively involved in the project as we build the line as well. Learn more about the Construction Authority by clicking here.
Who do I talk to about contracting and job opportunities with the Construction Authority?
To register to receive information on upcoming contracting opportunities with the Construction Authority, register here.
Who do I contact if I have a claim to report?
For submit a claim for possible damages from construction activities, please contact:
Community Relations Manager
Foothill Transit Constructors
1300 W. Optical Drive, Suite 500
Azusa, CA 91702
Office: (626) 610-0300
How can I stay updated on the Foothill Gold Line project?
Receiving progress reports and construction alerts on the Foothill Gold Line is easy. Register online here to begin receiving our project e-newsletter to your email.